An impressive number of 113 schools participated in the ResourceSmart Schools ‘Energy Champions’ challenge. The goal was to reduce electricity use and create community awareness of ways to reduce the consumption of energy in schools.
Along the way, schools tracked and reduced their electricity usage, and saved nearly 2,000 tonnes of carbon emissions for our planet! The students tracked their energy consumption and the winners were rewarded and celebrated as 2019 Energy Champions.
Roxburgh Rise Primary School and Camberwell Grammar were recognised for their commitment to championing energy conservation, taking out the state title for the two challenge categories. Sustainability Victoria congratulates both the state and regional winners (list below). Well done to Victoria’s energy champions!
Victoria’s Energy Champions 2019
Greatest savings achieved on electricity bills, by region
- Eastern Metropolitan Camberwell Grammar (state winner and regional winner)
- Western Metro Caroline Chisholm Catholic College
- Gippsland St Pauls Anglican Grammar
- Southern Metro St Marks Primary School
- Barwon South West Clifton Springs Primary School
- Northern Metro St Joseph’s Primary School
- Hume Tawonga Primary School
- Loddon Mallee Wycheproof P–12 College
Lowest energy use per student, by region
- Northern Metro Roxburgh rise (state winner and regional winner)
- Southern Metro Carrum Primary School
- Western Metro Seabrook Primary School
- Barwon South West Surfside Primary School
- Eastern Metropolitan Mount Waverley Primary School
- Gippsland Wonthaggi Primary School
- Loddon Mallee Newham Primary School
- Hume Tatura Primary School
- Grampians Ararat Primary School