An energy audit supported by Sustainability Victoria identified a range of building upgrade opportunities which have resulted in a 25 per cent saving (over 500,000 kWh) per annum in energy use at the City of Kingston’s main council office in Moorabbin.
The energy audit cost approximately $22,000 and included:
- An opportunities assessment for the building envelope, heating, ventilation and air-conditioning (HVAC) system, Building Management System (BMS), water heating and lighting
- confirmation of base building NABERS rating
- electricity and gas audits and investigation into opportunities for savings
- thermal modelling highlighting building performance and the potential impacts of upgrades
- analysis of the building’s potential for solar PV.
It was great to work with Sustainability Victoria on this project as it helped us determine how to get the best return on investment for our building works.