Parmesan crumbed chicken
2 cups (180g) multigrain breadcrumbs
½ cup (40g) parmesan, grated
2 tbs fresh thyme leaves
1/3 cup (50g) plain flour
4 x 180g chicken breasts, butterflied and flattened
3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- To make crumbing mixture, combine breadcrumbs, parmesan and thyme leaves in a bowl. Transfer to a plate.
- Beat the eggs and pour into shallow dish.
- Place flour in a shallow dish and coat each of the chicken breasts, dusting off any excess. Then coat the floured breasts with the beaten eggs. Place each breast into the crumbing mixture, pressing crumbs on with fingers to ensure even coating.
- Heat oil in a non-stick fry pan and cook chicken 2 minutes on each side to brown. Transfer to baking tray and finish cooking in the oven, approximately 5-10 minutes.
- Serve with vegetables or salad.
Tip: Make your own breadcrumbs in a flash by tearing stale bread into pieces and blending in a food processor for 60 seconds. If using fresh bread, dry out by lightly toasting in the oven first. Why not try using multigrain, rye or wholemeal for a different flavour and fibre boost!
Leftovers: Any leftover schnitzels can be used for a parmigiana the following night. Just spread with any tomato-based pasta sauce, top with cheese and grill until cheese has melted.
Get in touch
Got a question or enquiry? We'd love to hear from you.