100g (¾ cup) sultanas
4 tbsp orange juice
2 tbsp honey
3 large eggs
175ml (¾ cup) sunflower oil
200g (1 cup) light brown sugar
225g (2 cups) self-raising flour
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
60g (½ cup) chopped nuts, e.g. walnuts, almonds
250g zucchini, grated and drained
1 small banana, chopped
1 unwaxed lemon, finely grated zest
- Heat the oven to 180°C (160° fan). Grease 10–12 ramekins.
- Put the sultanas in a pan with the orange juice and honey. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 4 minutes until the liquid is absorbed. Set aside.
- Whisk together the eggs, oil and sugar in a mixing bowl until creamy.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda. Fold in with the nuts, zucchini, sultanas, banana and lemon zest.
- Spoon into the ramekins and bake for 25–30 minutes until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
Tip: This bread can be baked in a loaf tin as well. Just add 5–10 minutes to the cooking time and check it's cooked through by inserting a skewer – it's ready when the skewer comes out clean.
Leftovers: This bread is great on its own or as a breakfast snack. Freeze leftovers in individual slices to pack for lunch.
Get in touch
Got a question or enquiry? We'd love to hear from you.