Roast veg mini quiches
1½ cups mixed roast vegetables, diced
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 brown onion, diced
300g reduced fat feta
400g fresh ricotta
4 eggs, lightly whisked
8 sheets filo pastry
additional 4 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180°C and grease 8 muffin pans. If using frozen pastry, remove sheets from the freezer to allow to thaw slightly.
- In a medium frypan heat olive oil and add garlic and onion, cooking for 2–3 minutes or until fragrant and transparent. Transfer cooked onion mixture into the bowl along with the diced roast vegetables.
- In a separate bowl lightly whisk eggs. Add ricotta and stir to combine.
- Pour egg mixture in with the roast vegetables and mix well. Add the feta and stir lightly so as not break up the chunks of feta.
- Place a sheet of filo pastry onto a clean work area, brush with oil and cut into 4 equal squares. Repeat with remaining sheets. When finished, cover pastry squares with a damp tea towel to prevent them from drying out.
- Place 4 small pastry squares on top of each other and place into prepared muffin tin and fill with prepared mixture. Repeat this process.
- Once 8 mini pies have been made, bake in the oven for 20 minutes, or until the mixture has set and the pastry is golden brown.
Tip: This can be made as one large quiche instead of mini quiches. Simply bake for an extra 5–10 minutes or until the centre of the quiche is set.
Leftovers: Freeze any extra filling so you can make another batch at a later time.
Variation: Get creative by adding diced sundried tomatoes, ham or a dollop of caramelised onion in the centre.