Oriental fried rice
3 tbsp oil
3 cups rice (cooked)
2 eggs (beaten)
100g luncheon meat (chopped into small cubes)
1 small onion (finely diced)
¼ cup snake beans (finely diced)
1 carrot (finely diced)
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp light soy sauce
white pepper (to taste)
2 spring onions (diagonally sliced) to garnish
- Heat wok and add oil and diced onion, stir fry for a couple of minutes until fragrant. Add beaten eggs and let it set slightly before scrambling it to break it up.
- Add diced luncheon meat, diced carrots and snake beans, stir fry until fragrant.
- Add rice, breaking up any big chunks with the back of the spatula.
- Season with white pepper, oyster sauce and soy sauce. Stir through. Taste test and adjust taste to personal liking.
- Sprinkle with spring onions and serve hot.
Chef's Tip from The Food Affectionist: To make cooking easier, without rice sticking together, rub ingredients such as the sauces and sugar into cold rice to get a more even outcome.
Get in touch
Got a question or enquiry? We'd love to hear from you.