Leftover ham and vegie tortilla
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
100g ham, sliced or shredded
2-3 roast potatoes, sliced
225g cooked asparagus spears
75g cheddar, grated
3 tbsp water
freshly ground pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan and cook the onion and garlic for 2 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, asparagus and ham to the pan.
- Beat the eggs with the water, season to taste and pour into the pan. Reduce the heat and cook for 10–15 minutes until it is almost set.
- Sprinkle cheddar over the top and place the pan under a hot grill for 2–3 minutes, until golden and set.
- Cut into slices to serve. Eat within 1 day.
Leftovers: Reheat and top with a poached egg, roast tomatoes or fried mushrooms for a weekend breakfast.
Variation: Try leek, broccoli florets, zucchini or green beans instead of asparagus. Sprinkle with feta or goats cheese for a different flavour. The ham can be omitted for a vegetarian option.