Lamb and roast ratatouille
1 large eggplant
1 red capsicum
1 yellow capsicum
2 red onions, cut into wedges
250g cherry tomatoes
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper
100g baby spinach leaves
600g cooked lamb (warm), shredded
100g feta, crumbled
1 handful basil leaves, torn
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
6 tablespoons olive oil
2 garlic cloves, in skins
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Cut eggplant, capsicum, and zucchini into 2cm pieces and then toss with onion and tomatoes in olive oil and arrange on a large baking tray together with the garlic cloves (for the dressing).
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook until tender but not too soft (about 20 minutes).
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly on tray.
- To make dressing, add vinegar, oil and mashed flesh from the roasted garlic cloves in a jar. Shake until ingredients are combined. Taste and adjust to your liking.
- On a large platter, scatter spinach and then add roasted vegetables. Distribute warm lamb evenly over the top. Pour dressing over salad and toss gently.
- Sprinkle with feta and basil and serve.
Tip: For a speedy version, grill the vegetables instead of roasting. Cook for 5 minutes each side and keep an eye on them to ensure they don't burn.
Leftovers: This makes a wonderful lunch served warm or cold.
Recipe from Summer TABLE by Jodie Blight.