Garlic beef and bean stir fry
2 tbs vegetable oil
350g beef strips (use preferred cut of beef)
1 shallot, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp ginger, grated
½ a red chilli, deseeded and chopped
450g green beans, trimmed and blanched
2 tbs salt reduced soy sauce
2 tbs crispy shallots
½ bunch fresh coriander sprigs
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a wok until hot. Sear beef strips until browned, set aside on a plate for later.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in the same wok and stir fry shallot until softened and then add garlic, ginger, chilli, and cook until fragrant.
- Add the blanched beans to the wok and toss through. Continue to stir fry for another couple of minutes to get some caramelisation on the beans.
- Add soy sauce and browned beef and stir fry for one minute to warm through the beef and coat the other ingredients.
- Serve immediately with steamed rice or your favourite Asian style noodles. Sprinkle with sesame seeds (optional).
Tip: To blanch vegetables, place in boiling water for 1–2 minutes and then rinse immediately under cold water. Don't have time to blanch? Simply fry for an extra 2–3 minutes before re-adding the beef.
Variation: Add any other blanched vegetables, such as carrots or Asian greens to boost the nutrients.