180g (1 cup) couscous
225ml (1 cup) boiling water, or vegetable stock
1–2 large tomatoes, chopped
1 cucumber, chopped
2 tbsp chopped parsley
½ tbsp chopped mint
4 spring onions, chopped
50ml (10 tsp) cider or white wine vinegar
50ml (10 tsp) extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper
- Put the couscous into a large bowl and pour over the water or stock. Cover and leave to stand for 5 minutes until all the liquid has been absorbed. Fluff with a fork to separate the grains.
- Add the vegetables and herbs to the couscous and stir with a fork to mix.
- Whisk together the vinegar and olive oil until blended and add to the couscous mixture.
- Stir gently to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place in a serving bowl and garnish with mint and lemon wedges.