Carrot (I can't believe it's) cake
2 large eggs
125ml (½ cup) sunflower oil
3 tbsp honey
225g (2 cups) plain (all purpose) flour
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp mixed spice
125g zucchini, grated and drained
125g carrots, grated
1 large banana, chopped
icing sugar for decoration (optional)
- Heat the oven to 180°C (160° fan). Grease a 19 cm non-stick bundt tin (or 23cm round cake tin) with non-stick baking paper.
- Beat together the eggs, oil and honey in a mixing bowl.
- Sift in the flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and spice.
- Stir in the zucchini, carrots and banana until blended.
- Pour into the tin and bake for 40–50 minutes until a skewer comes out clean. Cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Sift a little icing sugar over the top for decoration (optional).
Tip: If you don't have zucchini, just double the quantity of carrots.
Leftovers: Freeze individual slices in zip lock bags ready to add to school lunchboxes.