Broccoli pumpkin salad
½ tbsp olive oil
1 small pumpkin, peeled and cubed
200g broccoli, broken into florets
freshly ground black pepper
400g | 14oz canned red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
For the dressing
1 tsp white wine or cider vinegar
1 tsp dijon mustard
3 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and add the pumpkin. Cook, stirring, for 12–15 minutes until tender.
- Cook the broccoli in a pan of boiling salted water for 3–5 minutes, until al dente. Drain well.
- Put the pumpkin and broccoli in a bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir in the beans.
- For the dressing: whisk together all the ingredients with a little salt and pepper.
- Add to the vegetables and toss well to combine.
- Arrange the salad leaves on serving plates and divide the salad between the plates. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Get in touch
Got a question or enquiry? We'd love to hear from you.