Banana bread recipe
200g (1¾ cups) plain (all purpose) flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 pinch salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
50g (½ cup) chopped walnuts
6 over-ripe black bananas
1 zucchini, peeled and grated
2 large eggs, beaten
- Heat the oven to 180°C (160° fan). Grease a 1kg loaf tin.
- Place all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Mash the bananas and stir into the eggs with the zucchini .
- Gently fold the banana and egg mixture into the dry ingredients until blended.
- Pour into the tin and bake for 45–60 minutes until golden and springy to the touch. Cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely. Leftovers: Banana bread can be frozen. Freeze in individual slices in zip lock bags ready to add to lunch-boxes.
Tip: If using fresh berries, wash just before using them to avoid mould growth from the extra moisture.
Leftovers: Grill any leftover slices of banana bread and top with ricotta and fresh berries for a delicious breakfast.
Variation: Remove the nuts for a smoother consistency.