Apple sultana muffins
1 cup self-raising flour
1 cup wholemeal plain flour
1½ teaspoon baking powder
¾ cup brown sugar
½ cup rolled oats, plus ¼ cup additional
2 green apples, peeled and diced
2 tablespoons sultanas
400g reduced fat vanilla yoghurt
2 eggs, lightly beaten
100ml olive or canola oil
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line 12 muffin pans with muffin cases.
- Sift flours and baking powder into a medium mixing bowl and add sugar, oats, apple and sultanas.
- In a separate bowl, mix yoghurt, eggs and oil. Once well combined, add to the flour and oat mixture.
- Divide mixture into muffin pans and sprinkle with extra rolled oats.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden in colour.
Tip: These muffins are great for using up frozen apples. During apple season – when they're cheap and plentiful – slice surplus apples, blanch for 1–2 minutes in boiling water and then freeze in portions to add to muffins, cakes and juices later.