2020: People and the planet
The ResourceSmart Schools Awards celebrates Victorian schools’ leadership on sustainability and the active role they play as champions for the environment in their wider communities.
Our theme for 2020 is 'people and the planet', celebrating how we use our humanity – our knowledge, care and passion – to look after the environment, and how looking after the planet contributes to our wellbeing in return.
We will celebrate the early adopters: the schools taking the lead and embracing innovative ways to make sustainability a meaningful part of everyday life and learning.
Entries are now open
The ResourceSmart Schools Awards are open to all Victorian schools, including government, independent and Catholic schools.
Showcase the contribution and leadership of your students, teachers and your school community by getting involved in Victoria’s largest sustainability awards program for schools.
How to enter
- Read the terms and conditions of entry and eligibility criteria
- Download the appropriate image consent forms – Adult or Child – (if required)
- Go to the ResourceSmart Schools Awards entry portal hosted by AwardForce, an independent company managing the ResourceSmart Schools Awards entry platform on behalf of Sustainability Victoria
- The ResourceSmart Schools Awards team can provide feedback to help schools refine their entries, if submitted before Friday 28 February 2020. Schools can edit their entries until the closing date.
The award categories have been designed to reflect the inclusive and collaborative approach of the ResourceSmart Schools program. The categories for 2020 are:
- ResourceSmart School of the Year
- Teacher of the Year (Primary and Secondary)
- Student Action Team of the Year (Primary and Secondary)
- Community Leadership School of the Year (Primary and Secondary)
- Curriculum Leadership School of the Year (Primary and Secondary)
- Campus Infrastructure and Operations School of the Year (Primary and Secondary)
- School Community Volunteer of the Year
Across these categories, the awards will showcase the incredible efforts of principals, teachers, students, parents and volunteers and will spotlight the impactful and inspiring work of Victorian schools to care for the environment.
- Entries close – Monday 16 March 2020
- Awards ceremony – Friday 5 June 2020
Get help with your entry
The ResourceSmart Schools Awards team is here to provide support throughout the entry process.
Phone: (03) 8626 8844
Sponsor the awards
We couldn't hold such a great awards program without the support of our sponsors. By supporting the awards, our sponsors acknowledge Victoria's most inspiring sustainability achievements in schools.
If you would like to sponsor the 2020 ResourceSmart Schools awards program, contact email@example.com.