The ResourceSmart Schools Awards are Victoria’s largest sustainability awards program for schools.
- Recognise and celebrate Victorian schools’ community, curriculum and campus improvements towards environmental sustainability
- Highlight their contributions to embedding sustainability and taking action on climate change.
- Entries are now closed
- Finalists will be announced in early May
- A memorable ResourceSmart Schools Awards event at the MCG for finalist students, teachers and schools will be held on 13 June 2019.
For Awards updates, email email@example.com.
Benefits of getting involved
- It’s a fantastic way to show the incredible leadership and local sustainability contributions of Victorian schools
- Becoming a winning or finalist school you get the opportunity to raise the profile of your school
- Participation offers a unique opportunity to network with (and learn from) other Victorian schools that are excelling in sustainability
- It’s an opportunity to celebrate your sustainability projects with the Victorian community and inspire other Victorian schools to take sustainability action
- We want schools, teachers, students and parents to know that we recognise their efforts. We want them to feel proud of all the work they are doing
- Every day, thousands of students use their imagination to create inspiring sustainability projects for their school community and the Awards celebrate this
- Sustainability Victoria will create a memorable and interactive ResourceSmart Schools Awards event experience for finalist students, teachers and schools.
If your school has a project that contributes to a better place and inspires others to take sustainability action, get your actions recognised by entering in 2019!
Enter the Awards
- Entries are open to all Victorian schools, including government, independent and Catholic schools
- The entrant must understand and agree with the Awards terms and conditions of entry
- The entry needs to comply with the eligibility requirements of the selected category. The majority of demonstrable results must have occurred during the period specified for the category entered (see following table). If started prior to 2017, major new initiatives or significant differences must have occurred during 2018–2019
- Note that the entry close date is final, there will be no extensions provided.
|ResourceSmart School of the Year||Open to currently certified 3 to 5 Star ResourceSmart schools. Must demonstrate activity on ResourceSmart Schools Online from 1 January 2018. Cannot have won this category in the last five years. Schools shortlisted for ResourceSmart School of the Year category finalists may be visited by the judges to help with the final decision.|
|Teacher of the Year (primary and secondary)||Open to all Victorian schools, must demonstrate activity on ResourceSmart Online from 1 January 2018. Cannot be a previous winner.|
|Community Leadership School of the Year (primary and secondary)
||Open to all Victorian schools, must demonstrate activity from 1 January 2018.|
|Student Action Team of the Year (primary and secondary)||Open to all Victorian schools, must demonstrate activity from 1 January 2018.|
|Curriculum Leadership School of the Year (primary and secondary)||Open to all Victorian schools, must demonstrate activity from 1 January 2018.|
|Campus Infrastructure School of the Year||Open to all Victorian schools, must demonstrate activity from 1 January 2018.|
How to enter
- Register for a ResourceSmart Schools Awards account
- Read the terms and conditions of entry
- Start your entry by selecting a category and answer up to five questions (depending on the category). Then save in progress (to login anytime)
- Submit your entry by 5 April 2019. Your entry information will be saved securely and confidentially.
We require consent to use any image of a child or adult, that is submitted with your entry. Download and complete the following consent forms, and upload them with your entry:
- View our previous winners’ projects for inspiration and ideas
- Once you set up and log in to your account, read the category descriptions and entry tips
- Use photographs that are of high quality for use in the final awards booklet, this will save time. These photos may also be available in ResourceSmart Schools Online.
Thanks to our proud sponsors of the ResourceSmart Schools Awards.