Planning approvals and maps

Last updated: 10 February 2021

Planning permits and approvals

Licenses and works approvals are issued by EPA Victoria under the Environment Protection Act 1970. They are required for industrial and waste management activities that have the potential for significant environmental impact.

For the use and development of a particular piece of land, you may require planning permits from your local council. Your project might have potential environmental impacts. Asses if the Environment Effects Statement is required.

Cultural Heritage Management Plan (CHMP) assess whether your project will have any impact on Aboriginal cultural heritage values.

Waste infrastructure maps

This map show the locations of all waste and resource recovery facilities in Victoria as of July 2015. The map includes the locations of transfer stations, resource recovery centres, material recovery facilities, major repressors and landfills.

Additional maps that detail Victoria's waste and resource recovery system can be found in the Statewide Waste and Resource Recovery Infrastructure Plan (state waste recovery plan) maps section.

Seeking tailored investment solutions?

Get in touch with:
Investment facilitation
Sustainability Victoria