Why should schools TAKE2?
- You could lower your school’s operating costs.
- By participating in TAKE2, you can promote your school’s climate change efforts and further improve its reputation.
- Unchecked, the environmental impact of climate change will affect all areas of life.
- You can teach children from an early age to live sustainably to reduce climate change.
- It’s the right thing to do.
How can my school TAKE2?
Initially you’ll need to make the TAKE2 pledge.
Then decide what actions your school will take to reduce its emissions. You’ll be able to select listed actions or outline your own ideas as part of the registration process.
Your school may already be committed to sustainability through ResourceSmart Schools. But every school can be part of TAKE2.
Some examples of actions include:
- Encourage families at your school to TAKE2.
- Arrange professional development on sustainability and climate change for your teachers.
Over 600 Victorian schools are currently ResourceSmart School participants. If your school’s among them, it can also:
- Work through the ResourceSmart Schools framework.
- Invest the savings from ResourceSmart School activities into greening your infrastructure.
- Make your school a community hub for sustainability.
Once you’ve committed to actions, get started. You can share your pledge through your TAKE2 website profile as well as through your school’s website and social media channels so your school community knows your school is acting on climate change.
You will receive regular updates and tips. You can continue to update your climate change actions and hear how others are playing their part.
Victoria can help keep the temperature rise under two degrees, as long as we all act, together.