TAKE2 member achievements
Here are just a few of the achievements of our TAKE2 member network.
Initiatives, Groups and Projects
- TAKE2 Community Transitions Pilot Program: has resulted in a 10-year masterplan for the Hepburn Shire Council to reach 100% renewable electricity supply, zero-net energy and zero-net emissions by 2029.
- Melbourne Renewable Energy Project: Bank Australia, NAB, Australia Post, Citywide, Moreland City Council, City of Yarra, City of Port Phillip, City of Melbourne, RMIT University, The University of Melbourne, Zoos Victoria and Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre.
- Powershop’s Your Community Energy initiative pools funding from its customers to support renewable energy projects.
- Local Government Electricity Contract Group was established by the Victorian Greenhouse Alliances to help Victorian councils save money and reduce greenhouse gas emissions through their electricity contracting.
Supporting large scale renewable projects
- Led by Telstra, ANZ, Coca-Cola Amatil and the University of Melbourne have entered long-term agreements to buy power from the Murra Warra wind farm near Horsham.
- Led by National Australia Bank, a nine-member syndicate is funding a new 530 megawatt Stockyard Hill project, west of Ballarat.
Power Purchasing Agreements (PPAs)
- The University of Melbourne has completed PPAs that enable two new wind farms to be developed in Victoria.
- Business Renewable Energy Centre is set up to establish PPAs and TAKE2 businesses represent more than one-third of its member base.
- Carlton & United Breweries has signed a 12-year PPA with a German renewable energy developer, service provider and wholesaler.
- Mars Australia has signed a 20-year PPA with Total Eren.
- Bank Australia is the first Australian bank to switch to 100% renewable electricity, which was achieved one year ahead of its 2020 target.
Setting Stronger Targets
- The University of Melbourne has committed to zero net emissions electricity
- Qantas and Jetstar have committed to cutting waste by 75% across its airlines.
- Hepburn Shire Council has committed to zero-net emissions by 2029.
- Strathbogie Shire Council is working towards zero carbon transformation
- Moreland City Council is working towards a transition to zero carbon.