When you understand how your business uses energy, you can start to identify ways to reduce energy costs.
Understand where you’re using energy
- Check your energy data online from your smart meter. This will give you an idea of how much energy is being used.
- You can also contact your energy provider for the last 12 months of your energy data. This data is more detailed than your regular energy bill.
- Use a power meter to compare how much energy your equipment is using.
- Audit your business processes to see if you’re using energy when it’s not actually needed.
What to look for when evaluating your energy use
- When does your energy use increase and decrease? Can you find reasons why that may happen?
- Are you using energy over the weekend or after hours? Can you decrease your use when you’re not open or operating?
- Has your energy spend increased over time? Make sure you’re getting a good deal by comparing energy providers.
Once you understand where you’re using energy, you can start to make some simple changes to reduce energy use in your business.
Get an expert audit
Get an expert to audit your business's energy use, identify where you can be more energy efficient and your biggest opportunities to save money.
Want to know more? Find out how an expert audit works and take a look at our auditor list.