There are a range of finance options that can help pay to upgrade to more energy efficient equipment or install renewable energy.
Often these finance options improve short-term cashflow.
Traditional finance is typically provided by major banks and financiers who offer equipment finance such as loans or leasing agreements.
- Capital lease finance: A financier buys energy efficiency equipment for your business and you pay it back over time.
Read more about capital lease finance >
- Equipment loan (chattel mortgage) finance: A financier loans your business money to buy energy efficiency equipment.
Read more about equipment loan finance >
- Hire purchase finance: A financier buys energy efficiency equipment for your business to hire and use.
Read more about hire purchase finance >
- Operating lease finance: A financier buys energy efficiency equipment for your business to hire and use.
Read more about operating lease finance >
Innovative finance often involves a third party but don’t always involve a bank or a financier. This type of financing can be more unique to your business, which often makes it more complex.
- Energy Services Agreement: A service provider installs energy efficiency equipment for your business and you pay it back over time.
Read more about Energy Services Agreement >
- Environmental Upgrade Finance: A financier pays for environmental building upgrades. You pay it back over time through council rates.
Read more about Environmental Upgrade Finance >
- Power Purchase Agreement (behind the meter): ‘Behind the meter’ is a model of a Power Purchase Agreement where an energy provider installs renewable energy equipment on your business’ site. You then pay a predetermined rate of electricity over time.
Read more about Power Purchase Agreement >
Get recommendations for an energy upgrade
We’ve created a tool to take the guess work out of finding the right upgrade opportunities and relevant funding options for your business.
Our tool can:
- find common energy upgrade opportunities relevant to your business
- uncover potential savings and return on investment
- view grants, incentives and finance to help fund the upgrade
- build a business case to support future upgrade projects, or to obtain an audit in future.
If you’re looking to invest in energy efficiency or renewable energy, but want some guidance through the finance process, get in touch with us.
We offer a free finance service to all businesses, property owners, councils and community groups in Victoria.
We can guide you:
- to find the right finance option for you
- through the application process
- to build a business case.