Sustainability Victoria is offering funding to boost the performance of your commercial building of up to $30,000 per building through the Better Commercial Buildings program.
The program is now fully subscribed. For questions about the program please contact email@example.com or phone 1300 363 744.
Sustainability Victoria administers grants and funding for programs from infrastructure development to community engagement. Explore the other grants and funding available.
Who can benefit from the program?
We are calling for applications from commercial building owners, agents, tenants and facility managers in Victoria, keen to identify and implement energy efficiency upgrades that lead to an improvement in building performance. Commercial buildings can include offices, hotels, retail and data centres, and some mixed use buildings.
How do I know if my building needs an energy efficiency upgrade?
Some give-aways that you need to upgrade your building energy efficiency are:
- Your staff/tenants have their own heaters and desk fans to counteract changing temperatures in the building
- Staff/tenants complain about the temperature and comfort of the office
- You notice an increase in staff sick days year upon year
- You have difficulty securing a long term tenant
- Your building doesn’t already have a NABERS rating
If you are still unsure, the first phase of the program will include an energy audit which will identify and outline the potential opportunities and how they can benefit you.
What are the benefits of making your building more energy efficient?
Our Energy Efficient Office Buildings report (PDF, 4.6MB) shows that improved building performance can lead to:
- savings in energy costs
- increased tenant satisfaction
- lower vacancy rates
- decreased tenant turn-over
- reduced maintenance costs
- increased asset value
- increase rental returns
- improves occupant health and well-being
- reduced staff sick days
- improved occupant comfort.
In addition, the Better Commercial Buildings program aims to help owners improve their building’s NABERS rating on average by 1 star.
What does the program provide?
This grant program provides matched funding assistance of up to $30,000 for commercial building owners to:
- conduct energy audits via a panel of pre-approved service providers
- implement energy efficiency upgrades of their choice
- measure and verify building efficiency improvement.
The program can also facilitate access to third-party finance to assist with upgrades.
How do I apply and what happens next?
The program is now fully subscribed. For questions about the program please firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 1300 363 744.