Smarter Resources, Smarter Business Program
Assisting businesses to cut costs and sharpen performance through resource efficiency
The Smarter Resources, Smarter Business program is a $10 million, 3 year program that assists medium-sized businesses to improve their resource efficiency.
By using energy and materials more efficiently, businesses can reduce their operating costs and environmental impacts.
The program provides businesses with:
- access to targeted information, tools and resources to help businesses better understand and improve their resource efficiency
- funding assistance to identify and implement resource efficiency improvements
- a business support program to facilitate leadership and networking opportunities
- a recognition program to acknowledge those businesses that have implemented resource efficient practices.
See the following for further details about the program.
- Media release: New_funding_to_support_Victorian_businesses_now_available (193KB)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Smarter Resources, Smarter Business Program - brochure (497KB)
- Understanding Resource Efficiency and the Benefits for Businesses (1.11MB)
Funding for businesses now available
The following funding opportunities are now available for businesses:
Capital funding - provides grants for a business to undertake capital investments to improve resource efficiency (e.g. the purchase of equipment that reduces materials or energy consumption). Learn more about capital funding.
Resource assessments - provides funding for a business to undertake an energy or materials assessment. Learn more about resource assessments.
Implementation planning - provides funding for a business to undertake additional scoping work such as feasibility studies, detailed design analysis and business case development that leads to implementation of resource efficiency improvements. Learn more about implementation planning.
Funding application support - helps a business prepare applications for third party grants relating to resource efficiency. Learn more about funding application support.
Who can apply?
The program is designed to support medium-sized businesses (defined as having between 20 and 199 employees) operating in Victoria.
Commonwealth, State and local government entities, industry and professional associations, are not eligible to apply.
Additional eligibility criteria may also apply for specific funding components - refer to the relevant program funding guidelines for details.
Businesses with less than 20 employees are not eligible for the Smarter Resources, Smarter Business Program. However information on funding opportunities and support programs that assist small businesses can be found in the following document.
If you have questions relating to the capital funding component, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For all other questions or for more information:
Email: email@example.com or phone: 1300 363 744.
Top | Last updated 10/01/2013