Objective: To create new or expanded markets for recycled products and materials that pose a risk and/or are a valuable resource
In three years, through the development of demand driven, sustainable markets for targeted recycled materials:
- processors will be developing products that are of high quality and address customer needs
- customers will be prioritising recycled materials over alternatives
- procurement officers will be incorporating recycled materials in tenders and specifications
- customers will be driving processors to develop new products to suit their needs
- we will commence this process with recycled organics.
In 2012-13 we will:
- work with industry to develop an on-ground project focusing primarily on organics market penetration and local government procurement
- improve the quality of recycled organics through industry support, improved processing infrastructure, and household education.
Top | Last updated 30/10/2012