Gas Hot Water Rebate
Taking advantage of this offer can save you money and reduce environmental impacts.
Until 31 May 2013 the Victorian Government Gas Hot Water Rebate program will provide rebates of up to $700 for the purchase and installation of eligible natural gas and LPG hot water systems if your household currently uses:
- a peak (day-rate) electric hot water system (a hot water system that is ineligible for an off-peak electricity tariff) with a capacity of 160 litres or less
- a hot water system fuelled by wood.
For installing a 5 star rating instantaneous or storage gas hot water system (4 star rating or above for internal systems).
For concession card holders, as above.
Installation rebate if you live in a flat or apartment where there is a separate occupancy directly above or below you.
For more information download the:
The rebate is only available through participating suppliers who are responsible for both the supply and installation of the high efficiency gas hot water system.
Installation cannot occur unless there is a valid pre-approval in place by 31 May 2013. The rebate will only be paid if a valid pre-approval is obtained from Sustainability Victoria by the participating supplier prior to installation.
You are eligible for a rebate if your household meets all of the following criteria:
- Currently uses a peak-day rate single element electric hot water system with a storage capacity of 160 litres or less or continuous flow (instantaneous) electric hot water system (generally found in flats or units) or a solid fuel hot water system.
- Does not have a second, off-peak hot water system.
- Is your principal place of residence only. The rebate is also available for rental properties where the tenant is directly responsible for the energy bills
- Will be installing a natural gas or LPG water heater that has a 5 star rating (or 4 star for internal systems). See the link at the bottom of the page for a list of systems you can install.
Concession card eligibility
|Eligible concession cards|
Ineligible concession cards
The rebate is only available to individuals. The rebate is not available to government, companies, businesses or other entities (whether commercial or non-commercial).
Only one discount per dwelling is allowed.
Other gas hot water incentives
In addition to the Gas Hot Water Rebate the Victorian Energy Saver Incentive (see link below) provides additional support to Victorians installing a high efficiency gas hot water system through the Victorian Energy Efficiency Target (VEET) scheme.
Talk to a participating gas hot water supplier for details on the available incentive through the VEET scheme - see the VEET website for more details on the scheme.
Landlords whose tenants are concession card holders are able to access the higher rebate amount as long as the tenant is directly responsible for the energy bills.
How to get the rebate
The rebate is available through a range of participating suppliers in Victoria. The system must be purchased by 31 May 2013 and installed by 30 June 2013 to be eligible for this rebate.
The rebate amount will be deducted from the purchase and installation cost of the selected hot water system.
For more information
- Call 1300 366 195
- Email email@example.com
Top | Last updated 21/03/2013