KABV Gift Fund Prize
As part of the Keep Australia Beautiful Victoria (KABV) Tidy Towns - Sustainable Communities Awards, the KABV Gift Fund Committee is supporting new and innovative initiatives that improve the local environment or provide opportunities to engage with the local community about environmental and sustainability issues.
Three projects will be awarded $1,500 to get under way.
Who can enter
Councils cannot apply for a Gift Fund Prize but the award is open to those eligible to apply for a Tidy Towns - Sustainable Communities Award.
What the KABV Gift Fund Committee is looking for
The KABV Gift Fund Committee is looking for initiatives that:
- encourage the sustainability of towns
- prevent litter
- keep water resources pollution free
- preserve and improve the appearance of the natural environment
- encourage the reuse of resources by recycling
- develop and maintain effective public awareness campaigns to encourage caring for the environment and the sustainability of communities
- contribute to the development and/or implementation of environmental policy to ensure sustainable resource management.
The KABV Gift Fund Committee will recognise projects or initiatives which may include but are not limited to:
- community group projects such as a community garden, sustainability fair or site rehabilitation project
- community education program or public forum on sustainability
- litter prevention initiatives, recycling programs and community clean ups
- weed eradication, conservation and rehabilitation initiatives.
Conditions of entry
The $1,500 will be given to three entrants subject to the following conditions:
- projects should be completed before 30 June 2014
- winners should provide a report (using the KABV template) on the project once completed, including three jpeg photos
- entries are subject to the KABV Awards Program 2013 Terms and Conditions of Entry.
Entry and judging
Entry is via the same process as applying for other Tidy Town - Sustainable Communities Award categories. The KABV Gift Fund Committee will judge entries based on the project descriptions included in the entry forms and decide on winners.
Gift Fund Prize 2012 recipients
The 2012 Gift Fund Prize recipients will be showcased at the Tidy Towns - Sustainable Communities Awards 2013 ceremony in Wycheproof, and they are:
- Cape Paterson Residents and Ratepayers Association ($1,500)
- Orbost - East Gippsland Pride ($1,500)
- St Macartan's Parish Primary School, Mornington ($500)
- St Joseph's Catholic Primary School, Crib Point ($500)
- West End Community Group, Wangaratta ($1,500).
Top | Last updated 30/01/2013