Operating wind generators in Victoria
There are currently eight operating wind farms in Victoria totalling 432 MW which generate enough electricity for approximately 200,000 homes. A further 900 MW of wind farms are under construction and are scheduled for completion by the end of 2013.
List of wind generators operating in Victoria
|Project Name||Capacity (MW)||Year Commmissioned|
|Portland I (Yambuk)||30||2007|
|Portland II (Cape Bridgewater)||58||2008|
|Portland III (Cape Nelson South)||44||2009|
|Hepburn Cooperative Wind Farm||4||2011|
|Portland IV (Cape Nelson North & Cape Sir William Grant)||54||2013 (under construction)|
|Macarthur Wind Farm||420||2013 (under construction)|
|Oakland Hills (Glenthompson)||63||2013 (under construction)|
Victorian Wind Energy update
The Victorian Wind Energy Update summarises the generation from wind farms in Victoria since January 2010. It provides updates and further detail into the annual reports Electricity from Renewable Energy in Victoria.
Sustainability Victoria produces these reports using data sourced from the Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO).
Publicly available raw data (half-hourly dispatch intervals) for most wind farms is available from the AEMO website.
- Victorian Wind Update Quarter 3 2012 (270KB) Victorian Wind Update Quarter 3 2012 (495KB)
- Victorian Wind_Update Quarter 2 2012 (147KB); Victorian Wind Update Quarter 2 2012 (622KB)
- Victorian_Wind_Update Quarter 1, 2012 (186KB); Victorian Wind Update Quarter 1, 2012 (1.15MB)
- Victorian Wind Update Quarter 4, 2011 (173KB)
- Victorian Wind Update Quarter 3, 2011 (219KB)
- Victorian Wind Update Quarters 1 and 2, 2011 (132KB)
Find out about Victoria's Wind Energy Policy and Planning Guidelines.
Top | Last updated 15/03/2013