Walking the Talk
To guide our actions and help Sustainability Victoria achieve sustainable outcomes within our own operations, we have an Environment Management System (EMS).
An EMS is a tool for managing the impacts of activities on the environment. It provides a structured approach to planning and implementing environment protection measures.
Our Environment Management System
We will endeavour to continually reduce our ecological footprint by:
- minimising the production of greenhouse gases through efficient practices of energy usage in the office environment, commuting and use of vehicles
- offsetting all residual greenhouse gas emissions to achieve a carbon neutral organisation
- purchasing with waste avoidance, closing the recycling loop with reduction of environmental impacts in mind
- striving towards zero waste to landfill through waste reduction, reuse and recycling
- minimising the use of water
- engaging with suppliers and stakeholders to reduce the lifecycle impacts of our operations and products
- training and supporting staff to work within the EMS and achieve the desired outcomes.
Watch a video tour of the environmentally sensitive fit-out of our office.
Top | Last updated 13/12/2012