About Sustainability Victoria
Leading the way in waste management and resource efficiency
Sustainability Victoria's statutory objective is to facilitate and promote environmental sustainability in the use of resources. Established under the Sustainability Victoria Act 2005, we are a statutory authority with a board appointed by the Minister for Environment and Climate Change.
SV has obligations under the Environment Protection Act 1970 for state-wide waste management strategy and planning, as well as managing the Sustainability Fund.
To maximise value from resources to support a liveable and prosperous Victoria.
To lead integrated waste management and resource efficiency in Victoria.
Integrated waste management
- A state-wide, forward thinking approach to Victoria's waste and resource efficiency infrastructure.
- Increased uptake of waste minimisation practices.
- New, expanded markets for recycled products and materials.
- Increased recovery of products and materials that pose a risk or are a valuable resource
- Reduced littering behaviour and litter.
Increased energy efficiency in:
- commercial office buildings
Increased energy and materials efficiency in:
- small to medium enterprises
Increased local low emission energy supply
- through cleaner technologies such as cogeneration, trigeneration and using food waste to generate energy.
Top | Last updated 25/10/2012