Provision of the Household Chemical Collection Program services
- Staging, Collection and Transport Services RFT
- Resource Recovery, Treatment and Disposal Services RFT
The Household Chemical Collection Program (Program) has been administered by Sustainability Victoria (SV) and its predecessors since 1994. The Program aims to reduce the danger to human health and the environment posed by poor management, storage and disposal of household hazardous chemicals by providing Victorian householders with access to a free, safe and environmentally responsible disposal service.
In partnership with local government, the Program currently provides collection services across Victoria through:
- 31 annually scheduled mobile events for chemicals (including pesticides, solvents and fuel) that may require expert identification and management. This service is publicly branded as “Detox Your Home”.
- 30 permanent drop-off sites for Targeted Materials (paint, household batteries and fluorescent lights). These sites are generally based at council depots or waste transfer stations.
SV seeks to identify a number of suitably qualified and experienced companies that can undertake either of the two service components of the Program:
- Staging of mobile events and collection and transport of chemicals and Targeted Materials from mobile events and permanent drop-off sites across metropolitan Melbourne and regional Victoria to recovery, treatment and disposal contractors.
- Environmentally safe recovery, treatment and disposal of chemicals and Targeted Materials collected and transported from mobile events and permanent drop-off sites across metropolitan Melbourne and regional Victoria.
SV expects to release these two Requests for Tender in May 2017.
Each Request for Tender and information regarding their associated briefing sessions will be made available for download from the Victorian Government Tender website upon their release. It is strongly recommended that tenderers attend any briefing sessions to adequately familiarise themselves with the scope of the work.
This information is correct at the time of publication but is indicative only and will be superseded by the information in the Request for Tender documents. SV reserves the right to make changes to dates or any other aspect of the information provided, and further reserves the right to not proceed with the Request for Tender at its discretion. Please check the Victorian Government Tender website for the most up to date information.