- Acetone - Yes
- Acids and alkalis - Yes
- Aerosol cans (full) - Yes - (empty cans can be disposed in your recycling bin)
- Ammunition - No
- Anti-freeze - Yes
- Asbestos - No
- Batteries - automotive - No
- Batteries - household (alkaline, mercury, rechargeable, NiCd, mobile phones) - No
- Battery acid - No
- Brake fluid - Yes
- Car body filler/ repair products, waxes -Yes
- Cleaners - bathroom, household, kitchen, drain, ammonia-based -Yes
- Commercial cleaners - No
- Compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs) - No
- Coolant - Yes
- Depilatories - Yes
- Detergents & disinfectants - Yes
- Empty paint tins and chemical drums - No
- Farm chemicals - No
- Fertiliser - Yes
- Fibreglass resins (not mixed) - Yes
- Fire extinguishers - Yes
- Floor-care products & waxes - Yes
- Fluorescent tubes - No
- Fuels - petrol, diesel, kerosene - Yes
- Fungicide - Yes
- Gas cylinders (domestic/BBQ up to 9kg) - No
- Glues - water-based & solvents - Yes
- Hair care products & hairspray - Yes
- Herbicides - Yes
- Industrial chemicals - No
- Insect spray/pesticides - Yes
- Lubricants - automotive - Yes
- Medicines/Pharmaceuticals - Yes
- Mothballs - Yes
- Nail polish & remover - Yes
- Oil - cooking - Yes
- Oil - motor - No
- Oven cleaners - Yes
- Paint - oil, latex/water based & artists' paints - No
- Paint stripper, thinner & turps - Yes
- Paintbrush cleaner - Yes
- Petrol and other fuels - Yes
- Photographic chemicals - Yes
- Polish - furniture, metal, car, shoe - Yes
- Pool chemicals - Yes
- Rat poison - Yes
- Rust remover - Yes
- Smoke detectors - No
- Solvents - Yes
- Tile cleaners - Yes
- Toiletries - Yes
- Transmission fluid - Yes
- Weed killers and herbicides - Yes
- Window Cleaners - Yes
- Wood preservatives & finishes - Yes
Note 1: A number of permanent Victorian drop-off facilities are available across Victoria. These accept paint, fluorescent tubes, compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs), and all types of household batteries. For locations, see permanent Victorian drop-off sites or phone 1300 363 744. Some council transfer stations accept gas cylinders for free or at a cost. Contact your local council office or visit theRecycling Near You website.
Note 2: Sump oil and other lubricating oils are collected at many council resource recovery centres and waste transfer stations. Contact your local council to find out details for your nearest motor oil disposal point.
Note 3: Car batteries are collected at many council resource recovery centres and transfer stations and some major battery retailers.
Note 4: Unused medicines and pharmaceuticals can also be returned to participating pharmacists throughout Victoria for disposal. For more information, visit www.returnmed.com.au or phone 1300 650 835.
Note 5: Empty paint tins may be disposed of through your local waste transfer station. Empty chemical drums may be collected through drumMUSTER. Contact your local council for further information.
Note 6: Contact the EPA on 1300 372 842 for information about transport and disposal of waste asbestos.
Note 7: Check Yellow Pages under "Waste Reduction & Disposal Services" OR visitbusinessrecycling.com.au
Note 8: ChemClear is a waste agricultural and veterinary chemicals program. Phone 1800 008 182 or visit www.chemclear.com.au
Note 9: Call 1800 136 089 for WorkSafe Victoria to pick up your ammunition.
Note 10: Household smoke detectors can now be disposed of in household rubbish. Commercial smoke detectors containing more than 40 kBq of radioactive material must be disposed of by returning to the supplier or manufacturer.