Victorian Healthy Homes Program
The Victorian Healthy Homes program is a Victorian Government home energy efficiency program that provides free home energy upgrades to up to 1,000 vulnerable Victorians who live with complex healthcare needs, and have low incomes, in Melbourne’s western suburbs and the Goulburn Valley.
The program aims to improve indoor winter temperatures and reduce energy bills of vulnerable Victorians. Upgrades will begin in January 2018 and continue until mid-2020.
Potential participants, within the program’s target areas, may be contacted by their local council and referred to the Program if they are interested AND meet the eligibility criteria.
Registrations of interest from householders to participate in the program will begin after the delivery partner is appointed later in 2017.
Referral does not guarantee acceptance onto the program.
Am I eligible for this program?
You may be invited to join the program if you meet some, or all, of these criteria:
- You are an owner-occupier, private tenant, community and/or public housing tenant
- You have a Centrelink Health Care Card OR Pensioner Concession Card OR a DVA Pensioner Concession Card or DVA Gold Cold
- You receive home and community care services from your local council
- You receive complex care support services from your local hospital
- You have a chronic respiratory condition
- You plan to reside in your home for at least 2 years.
- You live in Western Melbourne or the Goulburn Valley within the following local councils:
- Hobsons Bay City Council
- Brimbank City Council
- Melton City Council
- Maribyrnong City Council
- Wyndham City Council
- Campaspe Shire
- Strathbogie Shire
- Greater Shepparton City Council
- Moira Shire
What can I expect if I am selected to participate?
If selected, program participants will get a free home energy efficiency upgrade, safely installed by licensed and qualified tradespeople.
The upgrades can include the installation of draught proofing, ceiling or sub-floor insulation, high-efficiency heating/cooling appliances and and/or window coverings.
Participants will also receive 2 visits from an energy liaison officer to:
- Assess you homes energy efficiency
- Identify your energy/thermal comfort needs
- Provide you with information that may help you get a better deal from energy retailers
- Collect various types of energy use and health data (with your agreement).