Waste strategy, statewide planning and support to waste management groups
In three years, we will see:
- more integrated and effective planning for resource recovery and waste management at a statewide level
- strong and effective relationships with waste management groups.
In 2012-13 we will:
- develop a statewide plan for integrated waste management which will clearly outline current and new infrastructure needs and priorities. It will map current waste management infrastructure and identify opportunities for optimising existing waste management and resource recovery infrastructure to achieve environmental and economic sustainability. It will also identify the need for new resource recovery facilities, materials recovery facilities and reprocessing capacity
- support DSE on the Waste Policy Review
- build our relationships with waste management groups.